Amazon provide a list of all the sellers within each category. You can search this list of sellers, within the product categories, by clicking on the first letter of the particular sellers name that you are looking for (see image below). Amazon also list the top sellers within each category, although it’s unclear how Amazon determines who is a top seller.
By monitoring over 110,000 Amazon UK sellers, UKOnlineStores has been able to rank UK sellers. We rank Amazon sellers by their 12 month positive feedback and you can search for all Amazon UK sellers here. This method, however, has not been used by Amazon to list those classified as a top seller within each category. In fact, it’s hard to see the method used by Amazon.
Let’s take a look at the top sellers, on Amazon UK, within the Home & Kitchen category.
Home & Kitchen Top Sellers on Amazon UK
You can click on the image above, to go to Amazon.co.uk and see the list of top sellers within the Home & Kitchen category, as classified by Amazon. These top sellers have a total lifetime feedback of 1,759,412.
However, the top 50 Home & Kitchen sellers, ranked by lifetime feedback, have a total of over 4 million. Therefore, Amazon are using a different way to classify the ‘top sellers’ by category. Indeed six sellers, within their list, have a feedback of less than 1000!
The table below list the top 20 sellers on Amazon UK, within the Home & Kitchen category. All Home & Kitchen sellers have been ranked by their lifetime feedback and yet only four of the top 20 sellers appear in the list of top sellers, as classified by Amazon and seen on the above image. These Home & Kitchen sellers are SPARES-2-GO, First4Spares, Harts of Stur, and Concept4U (UK).
Home & Kitchen Top Sellers
Amazon have their own way of classifying a ‘top seller’ within each category and it’s not clear what sellers can do to be listed within the top seller group. However, Amazon UK do not promote the list of all sellers by category and so there seems little impact on not being listed as a top seller on these pages.
If you know how Amazon classify these ‘top sellers’, please let us know in the comments below.
You can find a list of all Amazon UK sellers, within each product category, by:
- Selecting the relevant product category in the table below
- Clicking the link to go through to the list of sellers on Amazon
- Select the letter corresponding to the first letter of the seller e.g click on S if searching for Spares2Go
- Click on the relevant seller to see their storefront and list of products
List of Amazon Sellers by Category
By clicking on the link below, for your relevant category, you will see the list of top sellers as classified by Amazon, as well as all sellers in alphabetical order.
UKOnlineStores has identified over 110,000 sellers on Amazon UK. We constantly monitor this marketplace to identify sellers, rank them by their feedback and analyse key metrics. To search all Amazon UK sellers and view their ongoing performance see Amazon UK – Sellers Rankings.
Key marketplace statistics on Amazon UK sellers in 2018:
- British sellers on Amazon UK represent 21% of all sellers.
- Sellers from China represent the largest nation selling on Amazon UK (34%)
- 33% of active sellers on Amazon UK now sell on the four other Amazon European marketplaces; Germany, France, Italy & Spain
- 46% of all British sellers on Amazon UK have a positive feedback of 98%+ in the last 12 months
- 26% of GB sellers have a positive feedback of < 90%
- The top 20 GB sellers on Amazon UK list over 19 million products and their total lifetime customer feedback count is over 18.26 million. They are listed here